Tuesday 3 May 2016

Members

When pen hits paper, and finger hits key, and the words to be written compete - I really don't know where to begin. I woke up Saturday evening with an excruciating pain in my neck, down my back, and across my shoulder blades. I had no idea what was happening - no hint, no clue. I rolled over to find a position to lay with at least moderate comfort, but to no avail. I spent the next four hours praying, singing, and crying before I found a position comfortable enough to fall back asleep.

Two hours later I prepared myself for the day, had my companion and a senior Elder give me a blessing, and stole some of Sister Hind's pain killers. That was a day to remember, not only because of the things I was able to learn through my prayers that night, but because of the testimonies borne, and baptismal service conducted.

One of our investigators even came up to me after the service and said, "I'm so glad I decided to join this Church. I can't wait for my baptism." I can't wait for his baptism either. His friend, who's been helping us quite a bit lately, even asked us to teach his aunt and to give him missionary resources to share with people even while we're away.

I've found it a joy to be working with so many members here in Osizweni. After one of our visits to an investigator, a member and I made the following comments:

"Why is it so difficult for people to just ask God?"

"I think it's ignorance."

"Ignorance, or pride?"

"I believe those are cut from the same tree."

It made me think for a moment, trying to see exactly where others come from.

This week we traveled to Bethlehem again for a mission leadership meeting, and this coming week we'll be travelling to Berea (near Durban) for a zone conference.

It's good to see the work moving forward, with a number of baptisms in the zone only yesterday, and quite a number more in the coming week. People are coming, people are listening, and the fruit is being harvested.

I love the Lord. I love this work. And I can't wait to see what the coming week has in store. Hopefully a lot less physical pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment