Monday 28 November 2016

Never Just Once

Another lesson learnt in skipping just one week. Let us not kid ourselves over here - it's never just once. And that goes for everything; not just reports back home, or an update on a weekly blog.

Don't worry. I'm still alive. Things have been happening, and mission is just as exciting as ever. I have a new companion, Elder Thorkelson. I am still in Kloof and Hillcrest areas, and I'm a Zone Leader again.

Elder Thorkelson is from St George, Utah. Another American. We've gotten along quite well over the last two weeks. I think I'm getting used to them now. Please don't tell old me. He'd definitely have something to say.

On a brighter note, we had stake conference this weekend previous. The missionaries were asked to sing a selection in the Priesthood Leadership session, which was interesting. The theme was all about service, with the evening session hitting the ball with missionary work. On Sunday we were able to meet with members from other wards and branches in the stake, and boy did it feel like a reunion.

Some of my favourite quotes and thoughts, from the speakers, were as follows:

  1. "The world changes human behaviour, Christ changes human nature."
  2. "My hell will be knowing the man I could have been."
  3. He isn't going to, He already has!
  4. He who is faithful will overcome all things.
  5. There are miracle happening all around us. We just need to open our eyes to see, and hear them.
  6. "I made a difference to that one."
  7. "They are not ready for conversion, but they are ready for facts."
  8. "The Lord will not open doors we are not willing to enter."
  9. "If it wasn't easy for the Saviour, who are we to have it perfect?"
  10. On good teams, everyone has an opportunity to lead and follow.
  11. This life is not all that there is.






No comments:

Post a Comment