Monday 28 January 2019

I'm Home

It's like stepping into a whole new world. Everything has changed. I have changed.

My mom and sister greeted me with a sign telling me to go back. That's my sister, making me laugh withing three seconds of seeing her. And then my sister drove me to the stake center so that I could be released. Elder Smith will always be around, but now I'm Jonothan Smith - and a whole new array of adventures is just beginning.

I learnt that my sister will soon be moving to her own place with a friend of hers. Currently my mom and sister stay about four k's apart - so I'm in and out of two places at the moment. Though, technically staying with my mom, for now.

I have a new phone - and I'm still trying to figure out how it works.

Today I'll be going to the temple to complete my dad's work, and completing plans to get myself on track.

It feels weird. But it feels good.

This is Jonothan, post-mission Elder Smith, reporting day one on life after mission. All further updates will be on my blog, ldssmith.blogspot.com, with links to Facebook - and your email, if you add yourself to the mailing list on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment