Tuesday 23 August 2016

Training, Take Two

Today's post will be a short one, but a good update.

I stood in the same halls I stood when the news came that I'd be leaving just over a year back. Time has moved, experience has been gained, and I'm a different me - yet still the same in many ways. I haven't found the secret to life, not yet. I still don't have all the answers, but I do have enough. I know I have a purpose, and a work to do. There's only four transfers left before I'm home. I've come a long way.

As we went to receive transfer news, I had a moment to reminisce. How sweet this experience. No, I'm not leaving. I'm staying. My companion is leaving. President Thompson called to release me as zone leader and to ask if I could train a new missionary. I know nothing about him, but will be meeting him on Wednesday morning at 8am.

At Church we had tender experiences with a number of people pitching at Church, a new family wanting to come back, and an old family finalising dates for passport, marriage papers, and baptism.

I received an email from another family I taught nine months back. They just had a baby girl and sent some pictures.

Our Father's plan is perfect. He blesses us with so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment